With 50% new content and 100% new reading texts, Achieve 2nd edition offers a rich variety of challenging exam-oriented practice material for school leaving and college entrance exams.
- Part of: Achieve
- Level: Achieve Level 1
- ISBN: 978-0-19-455626-2
Achieve 2nd edition is a three-level American English course for upper secondary. It is designed principally to prepare students for their school leaving or college entrance exams. While providing thorough test preparation, Achieve 2nd edition also appeals to teenagers’ interests and gives them rounded language skills which will support them beyond the exam.
Achieve 2nd edition is a perfect fit for both teachers and students: perfect for teachers who prefer a traditional easy-to-use course, and perfect for older teenagers who are motivated by texts which chime with their interests and lifestyle. Achieve 2nd edition will help students achieve success – not just in their exams, but also in building up all-round language skills for life beyond school.
- A strong focus on reading comprehension, vocabulary building, and grammar
- 100% new reading texts reflect a range of text genres and topics which older teenagers encounter in their daily lives. Topics approached from a variety of different academic perspectives allow students to engage critically with the material
- Get it right’ boxes encourage self-correcting, while ‘Focus on’ boxes highlight common mistake
- Extra support and practice is available in the integrated Workbook and Language Reference pages
- Level 3 consolidates and extends the language syllabus, with additional exam practice material
- Optional Skills Books at levels 1 and 2 provide guided practice in writing, listening, and speaking, with fully integrated strategies to build students’ confidence
- iTools digital resources encourage interactive learning and easy classroom management
- Teacher’s Resource Center bank of worksheets and tests